Dental implants serve as an effective tooth replacement. Implants can provide a permanent solution that looks and functions naturally, whether you have lost one tooth or many.
in Tinley Park, IL
Dental implants are special posts made of titanium alloy or ceramic material that serve as an artificial root for a crown. At Amazing Smiles, we use implants to support the replacement of a single tooth, multiple teeth, or dentures, depending on the individual’s requirements and condition. Dental implants stabilize bone levels and can prevent bone loss, resulting in better long-term support, function, and esthetics. Schedule an appointment Amazing Smiles in Tinley Park, IL to request a consultation to see if a dental implant is a solution for you.Schedule Appointment
Dental Implant Procedure
Dental implants involve multiple steps to complete the entire procedure. Each patient’s process will vary, depending on your oral health at the time.
- Consultation and dental exam. To decide if dental implants are an option for you, we will complete a comprehensive dental exam and will discuss treatment options.
- Tooth extraction. We may need to remove the tooth/teeth being replaced by implant(s). If there is bone loss around the future implant site, we will perform a dental bone graft.
- Implant placement. The implant will be placed in the bone, 3 months after extraction, and then a healing cap is placed over the implant to start the healing process.
- Implant healing. During the healing phase, osseointegration begins. During this process, your jawbone heals around the dental implant, fusing with the implant, and providing a solid base for your new artificial tooth. Typically, it will take 3 months for the implant to completely heal and integrate with the bone.
- Abutment / crown placement. The abutment is a small metal, usually titanium, piece used to connect your artificial tooth (crown) to the implant. After a scan of the implant area, a crown is crafted and ordered. The crown will be typically be delivered in 3 weeks. The abutment is attached to the implant, and then the crown is placed on the abutment.
Do Dental Implants Hurt?
During the procedure, local anesthesia is applied to numb the surrounding nerves and keep pain at a minimum. Pressure may be felt during the procedure, but no pain should be felt. It is important to communicate with the doctor conducting the procedure if you are feeling any pain.
Oral sedation and IV sedation are also available. These two services range from $422 to $817. IV Sedation Dentistry, also know as Conscious Sedation Dentistry, is a safe and effective way to reduce anxiety during dental visits. Small doses of relaxant medicine are administered until you are fully relaxed and virtually won‘t remember the procedure.
You may experience some discomfort and soreness for a day or two after the procedure. Typical discomforts you may experience near the implant include: swelling, pain, and minor bleeding. If any of these discomforts persist, please call our office.
Dental Implant Cost
At Amazing Smiles, we strive to offer affordable dental implants for our patients in the Tinley Park community. Typically, a patient can expect the cost of an implant, start to finish, to be around $4,000. However, each part of the procedure has an individual charge, so please note that depending on the your individual needs the prices can vary.
Costs can cause hesitation for those needing dental implants, so that is why we are proud to offer a variety of financial options. CareCredit, an external dental payment plan, is an option available that allows you to pay for your procedure in smaller amounts, over time. Click the buttons below to read more about each option.