Invisalign® clear aligners serves as a braces alternative that prove effective orthodontic treatment doesn’t have to be difficult. These ingenious appliances have helped straighten teeth and achieve better-looking smiles for many, and they can help you too.
Invisalign® in Tinley Park, IL
Invisalign® aligners are a discreet and effective orthodontic treatment option that can be comfortably worn over your teeth to gradually adjust your alignment and spacing. The aligners are custom-made based on your current teeth and desired results. You will switch to a new set of aligners every two weeks until your final results are achieved, usually in 20-40 weeks, though it could take longer. You should only remove the aligners for eating, drinking and cleaning. Initially, they will feel tight but will become more comfortable after a few days.Call Our Office For an Appointment
How does the Invisalign® process work?
We will start by taking photographs of your face and teeth, dental impressions of your teeth, and x-rays. These records will be sent to Invisalign® with instructions on the desired outcome. Invisalign® will scan the impressions to create a 3D model of the teeth, and collaborate with your dentist to ensure the accuracy of the mold. After the mold is finalized, the trays will be created and sent to your dentist’s office. You will need to wear a set of trays for two weeks at a time for approximately two years, or for the period of time determined by your dentist.
Invisalign® vs. braces—what's the difference?
There are many differences between Invisalign® and braces, we’ve listed some of the largest ones here. Ultimately, the decision is up to you, but the introduction of Invisalign® to the market introduced a more efficient, less painful way to straighten teeth.
- Materials. Invisalign® uses clear transparent aligners, while braces use wires and brackets.
- Removability. Invisalign® aligners can be removed by the user at any time, while braces can only be removed by a professional.
- Food Restrictions. Invisalign® allows a user to eat whatever they would like and not make changes to their oral care practices, while braces restrict what the user can safely eat and require special maintenance and care.
- Injury Risks. Invisalign® aligners do not present any injury risks, while braces can lead to cuts and other injuries.
- Visibility. Invisalign® aligners are nearly impossible for others to notice, while braces are almost impossible to miss.
How much does Invisalign® cost?
According to the Invisalign® website, the cost for this treatment is similar to the cost for metal braces. Costs can vary, depending on:
- Insurance coverage. Most insurance plans cover Invisalign® the same way they cover metal braces. It is rare that insurance will cover Invisalign for purely cosmetic reasons, but each case is different.
- Length / complexity of treatment. With Invisalign®, you get new clear aligners every couple of weeks, so the cost varies, depending on if your treatment requires more (or fewer) aligners.
If you have any financial questions, please contact our office and we will be happy to discuss your insurance coverage or additional payment options available.Contact Amazing Smiles
Who can use Invisalign®?
Invisalign® is an effective orthodontic treatment option for teens and adults with mild to moderate misalignment and spacing issues, as well as minor bite problems. However, more serious orthodontic issues may require additional treatment beyond Invisalign®.
Interested in Invisalign?
If you would like to setup an Invisalign consultation, if you have any questions about how Invisalign works, or if you're unsure if Invisalign is right for you—contact us.