AMAZING SMILES - your GREEN source for dental care!
We recognize the challenges faced in protecting our environment. With that in mind, we have committed ourselves to delivering the highest quality, state-of-the-art treatments with the least impact on our envirnment. Here are some examples of how we are acting to protect our environment:
- We RECYCLE all paper and plastics.
- We use digital xrays - with the additional benefit of dramatically reducing radiation exposure to our patients of 75% or more, digital xrays also eliminate the need for toxic chemicals, lead and silver, while also severely reducing paper and plastic waste.
- We use digitized CEREC CAD/CAM milling for fabrication of same-day crowns - reducing waste products necessary for the several steps of conventional crown fabrication.
- We use paper products made from RECYCLED products where available.
- We RECYCLE and refill our printer cartridges.
- We are fully computerized - this reduces the amount of paper used in the office.
- We submit insurance claim forms and statements electronically.
- We use halogen low-energy or CFL lights throughout the office.
- We use autoclave sterilization to reduce the use of toxic chemical disinfectants and sterilants.
- We DO NOT use mercury containing silver fillings.
- Our office was remodeled in 2004 with energy efficiency in mind. For example:
High efficiency windows
High efficiency HVAC
Foot-controlled water faucets to reduce water waste.
Timers on all exterior lighting and signage.
High efficiency building insulation for minimal waste of energy.